My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Empty Frig, Scriptures, and Other Miscellany

So, it's been a while, huh?!  I have no idea how a week went by.  Well, yes I do.  Partially, it was spent patching cracks in my kitchen walls, sanding them, wiping down the layer of dust that settled on every surface, and then painting my kitchen.  Before the first round of sanding, I decided to strip every little magnet, craft, picture, and note off my frig so I wouldn't have to dust each one of them.  This left me with a very bare, very black, very bleak frig.  All week.  I realized something this week for which I am EXTREMELY thankful--all the many cards from friends and family, photos, and fun things my girls make that cover up my frig (#221).

I have heard of people longing for children's drawings to cover their frig and I wondered at that a bit because my OCD has more than once overcome me in an urge to pull everything off and have a clean, uncluttered refrigerator.  I have never done it of course, but oh, how I've longed to.  But now that I've seen what that would look like, I am so very thankful for all that clutter!  I couldn't wait to put it all back yesterday!  It's a beautiful thing.  When it's gone, I will miss it terribly.

Speaking of terrible things...I have been terrible about reviewing my Scripture verses this week!  I can fumble my way through 19 verses, but only because 17-19 were verses I had unwittingly stored in my brain over the years.  They are quoted and read often and, so, were easily added to the first 16.

Just four more verses to go my friends and chapter one will be under my belt.  Fitting analogy given that Ephesians later tells us to stand firm "with the belt of truth."  (See chapter 6.)  One chapter of Ephesians is about to cause me to loosen the buckle on my belt of truth because I'm expanding a little over here.  "Fat?" you ask.  Well, yes, that too.  But...no!   I'm not talking about that right now.  Sister, I'm gaining a little spiritual muscle!  YAHOOOO000000ooooo!!!!!

I said my verses for my 5th and 6th graders last Sunday morning.  They were incredibly patient as I stumbled my way through 16 verses.  Back when I asked them to memorize their verses each week, I told them what I was doing because I wanted them to know that I expect nothing more from them than I will do myself.  They are great.  Each week I can count on two or three of them to say their Bible verse from the previous week's lesson.  Hiding the Word in their growing hearts.

Just as my little princesses are.  I love to hear my girls randomly quoting Scripture.  I'll hear random clips of "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it," or, "Oh, what should we think about?  Things so great!  Found in Philippians 4:8," or, "Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice!"  Granted, it's nearly always through song, but it's Scripture!  Sing it or say it.  The mode of memorization matters not, just as long as it's in there!

How are you doing?  Tell truth.  Remembering something is better than nothing!

I saw today where Ann Voskamp had posted a video of her recitation of Romans 1:1-17.  I haven't watched it, but it got me to thinking...wonder if I could figure out how to post a video on here?  Hmmm...

Well, not tonight.  It's late, kiddos.  I'm outa' here.  Tootles.

But...not before I add to my list...

Attitude of Gratitude:

221.  frig clutter, which I now consider frig glamour
222.  a ever-increasing attitude of cooperation from my girls
223.  some fabulous ideas for "making my home a haven"--as my friend tammy says--using shutters

okay, and here i must deviate...

my sister, knowing that i was on the look-out for some shutters to hang in my kitchen, sent me an email today with this link:  http://dishfunctionaldesigns.blogspot.com/2012/01/upcycled-new-ways-with-old-window.html
you must go there!  fun ideas to be had!

my reply to her email:

i love them all!  my plan was to use the [shutter] by the door as a mail sorter and the one by the frig for hanging girls' pics.  =)  but now i want a shutter wall behind my couch, shutters for hanging framed pics in my hall, shutters outside for my plants, a shutter privacy wall on my deck, shutter scampi, fried shutters, boiled shutters...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)