My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Friday, March 8, 2013

A Bit of Happy for the Weekend

When the LORD brought back the captives to Zion,
we were like men who dreamed.
Our mouths were filled with laughter,
our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
"The LORD has done great things for them."
The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy!
     Psalms 126:1-3

Can I just say...the LORD has done great things for us!  I am filled with joy this morning over the way He restores our fortunes (v. 4).  I am thrilled that those of us who have sown in tears can also reap with songs of joy (v. 6)!  I am convinced for every tear there IS a blessing.  I've said it before and I say it again:  He is ever so good to us!

For those of us who have experienced some bondage (fear, anger, anxiety...), this passage is for us!  The LORD restores the captives, whether it's the nation of Israel from the Babylonians and Assyrians, or today's believer from the chains of sin and doubt.  He is faithful to deliver!

If you haven't already been "brought back," then just keep believing this as a Scriptural promise.  He loves you too much to leave you in bondage and pain.  Keep trusting and clinging.

If you do, I can promise based on the reliability of Scripture, one day your dream of joy and freedom will be a reality; your mouth will be filled with laughter, your tongue with songs of joy, and you will say, "The LORD has done great things for me!"

Even if that day hasn't come for you, doesn't it bring just a bit of joy when we truly believe it's coming?

There is always a rainbow on the other side of the storm.  Go ahead and praise Him for what He's going to do!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Jaimee. I needed this today. I love you guys : )

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)