My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday


I have so much to do, the very least of which is blogging!  But as I sit her eating a ham biscuit and sipping cappuccino while my girls play with their "granny," I thought I'd jot down a few memories.

First, last night our family got to participate in a Seder meal.  If you have never been able to be part of one, I can not encourage you enough to be part of this Christ-centered Passover meal.  Our church invited Jews for Jesus to come and lead us through the process and explain the elements and how they tied to OT Judaism and NT Christianity.  It was...I'm searching for words...educational, interesting, a great reminder of God's cohesive plan and of what Jesus did for us, and just an over-all wonderful experience that I will never forget and hope to have again.

Second, I need prayer, warriors!  I am stuck on Ephesians 2:1.  Seriously.  It's like it just won't go in my brain.  What is it about moving to the next chapter that seems so daunting?  You would think that the sheer sense of accomplishment of getting one chapter under the belt would be motivation to move forward.  Instead I find myself feeling very unmotivated.  I need prayers for discipline, please!

Thirdly, and lastly...I am praying for you, me, and all the church, that we will have a fresh revelation of what Jesus did for us 2,000 years ago on such a day as this Good Friday.  May we be completely overwhelmed with His love and impassioned to live every second for Him!  "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give [us] the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that [we] may know Him better.  I pray also that the eyes of [our] heart[s] may be enlightened in order that [we] may know the hope to which He has called [us], the riches of His glorious inheritance in [us,] the saints, and His incomparably great power for us who believe."  I ask it in His Name and for His glory, Amen.

Our Lord lives!

Have a wonderful Resurrection weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)