My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I feel like a kid in a candy store who was just offered one of everything!  
I just figured out how to add a play list to my blog.  
Woo-hoo!!!

I know for most of you this is probably not very exciting, 
especially if you are a blogger who has known how to do this for a long time, 
or if you're a blogger and don't care to have a play list, 
or if you're not a blogger but you're computer-smart and creating a playlist is like saying your ABC's,
or if you're not a blogger and don't know or care about the mechanics of it--
basically if you're anyone but me.

Okay, blogging victory aside, I'm hoping that someone out there can help me with a problem now.  
I created buttons...or so I thought.  
I edited the images and added my blog's name and even linked the "buttons" to my own blog's URL, but I obviously am not doing something just right.  
I've noticed that other blogs have buttons then this little box below their buttons with their URL address in it.
WHY?  
I guess I need that, but I don't know how to do it.  
Anyone?  Anyone?

Okay, so this blogging thing has gotten in the way of my life today, to be quite honest.  
In the way of breakfast, specifically.  
I fed my girls goldfish and let them watch "Doc McStuffins" and "The Little Einsteins."

I'm easily excusing this since yesterday was one of those picture perfect kind of days at our house--
as picture perfect as it gets around here.  
We had toast and fruit for breakfast.  
The girls played.  
We made white chocolate-cream cheese dip and had more fruit with it for lunch.  





During baby girl's nap, big girl and I made place mats.  
And just in case you think I came up with this crafty idea, stop thinking that!  
If we ever do anything crafty around here, the idea almost always comes from Aunt Sissa or my big girl herself.  
This time big girl explained to me that she wanted to make place mats and (just like the heart doily valentines) she told me how to make them.  
Here's the one she made for herself.  I traced the horse; she added the rider, saddle, mane, reins, and color.
(Sorry it's so dark.)



And here's the one she made for her sister.  
I traced the giraffe; she added color and a little horse at the top.


After doing her craft (one of her favorite activities), she asked to swing (another of her favorites).
I was able to stand in the kitchen and watch her...


...while I worked on this...


...and I got started on a super-yummy supper:  basil evans and bruschetta.
I make super easy stuff and I don't usually use recipes, but if you're interested, here are the ingredients:

For basil evans, spread pesto on pita bread.  Top with feta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses.  Bake at 425 until brown.

For bruschetta, dice about 6 plum tomatoes, 5 or 6 sun dried tomatoes, a couple cloves of garlic, and a hand-full of basil.  Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Serve over the full-fat yummy mozzarella or toasted bread--like Italian or French loaves.

That was my domestic day for the week.  
I told my honey that I felt like one of "those" bloggers yesterday.  
He asked me who I was and what I had done with his wife.

So, I'm thinking since I played Holly Homemaker yesterday, the goldfish were acceptable this morning.
AND since I posted twice yesterday, I'm exempted from tomorrow.
So, my weekend begins now.
Happy weekend ya'll!  
"See" ya's Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)