My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Hello?

So, my big girl "called" me this morning from her bedroom.  She held her play phone, told me she was calling me and that my cell phone was ringing.  I picked it up and she told me that she and her friends, Keep and Kope, had 15 things they needed to do today but she didn't think they were going to do them.  (Wonder where she's learned that?)  Then she told me she didn't think they would make it to the Easter egg hunt today (wasn't Easter like a week ago?) and could we change it to Wednesday or Thursday?  I assured her we could.  Then she asked if I had gotten her message and the game she sent me on my phone.  (Yes, we have games on our phones.)  I told her I'd need to get off the phone to check.  We said goodbye and then I actually tried to press the "end" button to end the call.  Took me a minute to figure out why the touch screen wasn't lighting up like it usually does when I pull it away from my face.  Alrighty.

Later she came in to tell me that they (she, Keep, and Kope) were getting Happy Meals.  To my knowledge, girl has never had a Happy Meal in her life.  She said she was getting a hot dog in her Happy Meal and Horse was getting a hamburger.  Does McD's serve hot dogs?

I also overheard this: "Horse, if we're going to get Happy Meals, you're going to have to stay here and be good until I get home."  Then she went to her play kitchen and used her Melissa and Doug wooden "sandwich making kit" to put together a burger.  Here's her Dagwood-style creation.  McD's burger has been put to shame.




She asked me what I would like in my Happy Meal and I said nuggets just to throw her off.  We have nothing that resembles nuggets in our kitchen so I'm interested to see what substitution will be offered.

She is cracking me up this morning.

And while she is busy dreaming up exciting adventures for her, Keep, Kope, and Horse, her baby sister is building "towers" with blocks.  Her towers are usually 2 or 3 square feet of blocks laying side-by-side.  Horizontal towers, if you will.  Here's one in the early stages...




Baby girl has now decided to join her sister in creating good eats.  She is offering me a piece of cake, saying it's pizza.  And big girl has now informed me that Horse has "a dance" in a few hours.  I have not been given any option but to go, and I will apparently be eating my Happy Meal there.  So, I'm off to enjoy chicken Mcnuggets at a dance recital.  Life doesn't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)