My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Reader Discretion is Advised

(This post contains graphic information that may not be suitable for some readers.)

Baby girl is STILL potty-training.  I mean this kid is un-be-lievable.  She can go when she wants a piece of candy, but unless her desire for sugar over-rides her desire for play, she usually just doesn't want to pause her life long enough to potty.  Well, the other day when it was time for nap, she decided she needed (or wanted) to poop.  She excells at going to the potty around nap time and bed time.  (Things that make you go hmmmm.)  Well, we got her on the potty and I told her to call for me when she was all done.  Her big sister was already asleep, so in a minute or two I heard my little one whispering for me.  I went to the bathroom, expecting to find her on the potty, ready for me to wipe her.  Um, no.  She was standing, holding her hands out, whispering, "Mommy, I need to wash my hands."  No kidding!  And your belly, and your legs, and...you just need a bath!  She had tried to wipe herself and had managed to get it all over her.  Let's hope my very stern lecture about letting mommy wipe sunk in.  I do not want to go through that again anytime soon.

A bit later in the day the heat and air guy came to give us an estimate for a new HVAC system.  Only, I didn't know he was coming and the girls and I had been lounging all day.  In our PJ's.  Soooo, I opened the door just slightly, expecting to refuse some salesman, and instead found a familiar face that I needed to let it.  And I had no bra on.  Super!  I should mention here that this same guy (who works with my husband) has been here to service our unit a few times and every time I and my house have been a mess!  And this time he had to walk through the entire house to check out the AC unit, the vents, the air intake, etc.  So, he saw the piles of laundry I was folding, the other pile I was ironing, the masses of papers strewn all over the table and island that I had started sorting but never finished, all the girls' toys that had been dragged throughout the entire house, and our messy bedrooms.  No, I do not make our beds everyday.  Who am I kidding?  I RARELY make our beds.  And, on top of thinking I'm dirty, I'm sure he now thinks I'm also a rather odd kind of gal since I kept my arms crossed the whole time he was here.

So, the same company came back today to put in our new system.  "This time," I thought, "I'll be prepared!"  So, at 11:30 last night I was mopping my kitchen floor.  Back up early this morning to finish vacuuming, clean the bathroom, AND make the beds.  I was showered and, yes, I had a bra on!  Little did I know that 1) two men I had never seen before would be coming, so I wouldn't get to prove to the aforementioned man that I can clean up, and 2) they would be tearing my house up from the floor up so all the cleaning I did had to be redone when they left.  Literally they left a trail of dirt, insulation, wire clippings, and other UFO's (unidentified floor objects) from one end of my house to the other, as they had to access my attic (through my bedroom closet on one end of the house) and the AC unit (in the laundry room closet on the other end of the house).

There's a bright side here:  my girl is at least going to the potty some!  Woo-hoo!  I hereby declare she will be potty-trained by the end of the summer.  (Believing is half the battle, right?)  And by the end of this summer, we will have checked off all the big home improvement projects that have been on our list since buying this house.

(See?  Storm damage isn't all that bad.)

My up-dated to-do list:
New roof, check
New HVAC, check
New siding, almost check
Potty-training, almost check

Well, a girl can dream, can't she?

2 comments:

  1. hilarious! as for the potty training, remember that matthew has a great solution to your problem. :) just get him to come over for a week or so. as for being braless for the AC guy, been there. only i don't think my gay neighbors were even looking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're prob right--about your neighbors. =) glad to know someone can relate, sorta.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)