My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sad Times, Fun Times

Life is full of beginnings and endings.  This summer will bring an end to one chapter of my life.

I have been teaching a women's Bible study class for about four years.  This August will mark the end of the Naomi class.  (Pause to wipe a tear.)  I love teaching.  Although I'm scared to death of teaching (that responsibility thing I've referenced before from James 3 makes the task a bit daunting), I still love it.  Teaching has taught me more than just about anything I've ever done.  I really have to dig deep if I'm going to be prepared to take a lesson to those Naomi ladies, most of which are older than me and have walked with Christ at least a few years more than me.  They have kept me on my toes.  

But it's time to let go.  Although I am having a hard time articulating the reasons right now (I have written and deleted several paragraphs), I am sure this is the right decision.

The really wonderful part of this is the way God has worked it all out.  He has raised up two other teachers and two other classes to take the place of one class.  There will now be a group for older women (30's-50's) and one for younger women (20's).  Honestly, I think by separating the age groups, there will be more room for growth.  

An ending and new beginnings.  It will be good.  He is always working.

And now on to fun times!

The last two weekends have found us in far-away places.  First, we went on a mini-vacy with the girls' Pop and Ne-ne.  I'll share the few pics I have.  My man is still hoarding most of them in his phone.  He has the better camera on his phone so he takes most of the pics; the problem with this is that we rarely remember to get them onto our computer.  So, here's what I've got.

This was taken at the hotel before we headed out on our long walk to the zoo.  
Shiny, happy people in the morn!


And here they are the next day on the carousel. 
Shiny, happy people going round.




The next weekend, we went to visit my family. 
Two back to back trips exhausted these little girls.



When we came home, we found some potatoes in our garden.  Yah!!!  Given the drought-like conditions we've been experiencing, I'm thankful that we've gotten anything from our garden this year.  So far, we've harvested strawberries, tomatoes, potatoes, and corn.  Wow!  A trip to the farmer's market provided lots more yummy goodness.  And this is why I love summer.


Back home, we fell back into our normal routine:  books, Bible stories, and prayers before bedtime.
And this is one of the many reasons I love my man so much.
He's such a good daddy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)