My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Guarded Minds

Today I'm going to tattle on the enemy.  I am finally realizing that my beef is always, ultimately with HIM!

I saw something else on Facebook several days ago that was as disturbing as the pictures I mentioned in a recent post--several people raving about a popular book, Fifty Shades of Grey.  I have heard so many people say they are reading this book, and raving about how great it is, without sharing a single detail of its contents.  All this served to make me very curious as to what the book was about, and even (in my ignorance) think it was a book I might want to read.  And then I read an article about it, written by a Christian woman who became vocal when she realized her friends were reading the book.  Now that I know what it is about, I am no longer surprised that women are unwilling to share details, but I am saddened to know that this book is so popular right now.  If you don't know much about this book, here is the site of the article I read by Dannah Gresh that explains why you don't want to read it:

True Woman:  A Ministry of Revive Our Hearts

I have also seen several women raving in their Facebook posts about the movie, Magic Mike.  For those of you that don't know much about this movie either, count yourselves lucky.  It is a movie about male strippers.  Again, someone else states the truth about this better than I can; here's the link:

Mrs. Gore's Diary

I am saddened and maddened (if you'll allow me a little liberty with my words for the sake of rhyming) and literally a bit sick when I think about how our enemy is gradually wearing away at our modesty and morality.  He angers me with his luring subtleties and not-so-subtle allurements.  I wish we all (and by we I mean ME) would be ONTO HIM!  May we be aware that the junk around us is a direct result of his attempt to lure us away from all that is right and good.


I know many of you who read this blog, and I know many of you feel the same way I do about how the enemy is perverting our attitude towards sex.  But if you haven't already, I just beg you all to at least consider that maybe some things around us are giving us more than our healthy share of sex.  I realize that I'm starting to sound like my grandma, but sex is for the privacy of our own home and our own husband.  And, within those boundaries, it is a beautiful thing.  A BEAUTIFUL thing!  I've said it before and I'll say it again:  all things go with your own man!  (And by man, I mean husband.)  So, write your own book and make your own movie--right inside your home.  (But please don't share it with us.)

My prayer is that we would have our eyes wide open to the scheme's of our enemy so that we can shut them tight, turn our head, or run when he brings something before us that is the least bit unhealthy.

P.S.  Perhaps some of you are tempted to check out Fifty Shades of Gray and/or Magic Mike because you are bored.  Perhaps you think sex within marriage is, by nature, stale.  I don't want to shock any of you, but I do not think marital sex has to be boring!  If you're looking for a boost in intimacy with your husband, Read Song of Songs (aka Song of Solomon).  Seriously!  Don't laugh until you've read it.  You just might be surprised how open God is on the subject of sex.  He seems to set only one limit:  it must be within the confines of marriage.  And His thoughts on sex never corrupt and always purify...and will send you to bed inspired.  Enjoy!

1.1 Solomon’s Song of Songs.


SHE


2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth— 

for your love is more delightful than wine.

HE

4.10 How delightful is your love, my sister, my bride!
How much more pleasing is your love than wine,
and the fragrance of your perfume
more than any spice.





If you would like to take a deeper look into Song of Solomon, here's a great place to start:


Enduring Word Media



2 comments:

  1. Well said! Thank you for encouraging us to keep our minds pure. It's the only way we can be prepared for what God has to offer(which is always more interesting anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for visiting me, tammy! and thanks for leaving some love. =) it's always fun to hear from people "out there" on the other side of this blog. and a hearty amen to your comment--His ways are always better!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)