My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Friday, December 6, 2013

Embedded

Remember this post:  Gideon?

In it I said this:

"After I have these verses good and embedded in heart and mind, I'll replace them with a few more."

I looked at the picture in that post of post-it notes plastered to my kitchen window sill and realized, I have them embedded!  Some of them at least.  Here's how I know...

Every morning I drive my big girl to school.  We literally live less than a mile from school so we don't have a lot of time in the car.  I know some of you, like me, are thinking, "You should just walk."  Yes.  Yes, we should.  But we don't and I'm okay with that.  I'm not a morning person; so, I'm not going to get up any earlier than I already do so that we can walk a half-mile in heat, rain, or sleet to get E to school.  Furthermore, there is no sidewalk for part of the way; so, I'm not really excited about walking beside a busy street with two kiddos.  And, lastly, the public schools have weird rules about walkers.  If she's a walker, she has to stay 30 minutes later each day after school dismisses AND has to walk at least a block by herself before I can meet her.  (Would someone PLEASE tell me why they established THAT rule?)  I'm not cool with that.

Okay, now that I've justified that (for myself, I'm sure, because none of you really cared), let's move on.

So, by the time we buckle, drive to school, and wait in the drop-off line, we are in the car a total of two or three minutes, maybe.  But we pack a lot in those two or three minutes.  First, as I've mentioned before, I speak a blessing over her.  It is from Scripture, but it is not necessarily in the same order each day.  But, it always has these words, in some order...

"May the Lord bless you and keep you;
May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and give you peace;
May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and be gracious unto you."

Now, here's where the embedded Scriptures come in.

After the blessing, I say something to this effect...

"Remember, before God formed you in the womb, He knew you, and He set you apart to be a prophet to the nations [Jeremiah].  He has blessed you in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ [Ephesians], equipping you for every good work that He has planned for you to do.  He will never leave you or forsake you; He is always with you [Hebrews]."

And recently I have added, "And now that you have Jesus in your heart, you are the light of the world; so, just like a city on a hill can not be hidden; you are to shine your light before all men and let them see good works so they can praise your Father up in heaven."

You know what?  This daily morning monologue is a reminder for me too!  A reminder of who I am.  And some of them came from those 7 or 8 verses that hung in my window this fall.

I think it's time to hang some new verses!

-----------------------------------------

On the lighter side:

G (baby girl) has always been picky about her clothes...too tight...too itchy...too ruffley...and on and on.  But lately, she has become adamant about always wearing a skirt.

It snowed today and after supper I was finally ready to go outside and play.  As soon as we started suiting up, G said she did not want to go.  When asked why, she said she didn't like her snow suit; she wanted to wear a skirt.  She was so persistent in her argument that she almost preferred staying in if she didn't get to wear a skirt.  We compromised by allowing her to wear a skirt over her snow suit.  Why, oh why, did I not get a picture?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)