My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Gideon

I'm currently taking a Bible study that was written by Priscilla Shirer:  Gideon: Your Weakness; God's Strength.  In it she talks about Israel's spiritual decline and what caused it.  One thing:  not ridding the promised land of all the former inhabitants when they entered it.  God had clearly instructed Israel BEFORE they entered Canaan to completely destroy their enemies (Deuteronomy 7:1-2).  However, we see in Judges 1 that they failed to do this; thus, they later found themselves experiencing hardships that they were never meant to endure.

Priscilla then asks, "Are you facing any battles today due to something you didn't destroy earlier?" 

Oh, yes.  So many little things bubbled to mind, but one biggie in particular.  How many times have I felt God leading me to do battle to the death with insecurity?  To soak in His definition of who I am until the enemy can no longer lie to me about that?  Well, here I am, still struggling, all because I didn't give my whole self to this process before.

Step one in my renewed efforts:


This is my kitchen window, covered with just a few words that God uses to describe me.  After I have these verses good and embedded in heart and mind, I'll replace them with a few more.

And the war rages on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)