My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I overslept, had a picnic, and cut their hair.

This is gonna be quick, so sorry in advance for typos, grammar mistakes, etc.  It's late and I seriously need to be in bed, but I have to give a preschool update.

So, I woke up at 6 this morning.  No alarm.  Which tells me that my body is getting used to this time.  I laid there saying my verse, "I will allow no sleep to my eyes, no slumber to my eyelids until I have found a place for the Lord."  I prayed for those of you that have shared your similar morning struggle, and then I rolled over and went back to sleep.  Yah me.

I woke up at 6:45 and the girls were already awake.  And big girls' first words, "I want biscotti."  What can I say?  She is my kid.  I poured coffee, got them milk, and we shared two long, chocolately, yummy bars of goodness.  Then we went outside for a reason I cannot recall and it felt so nice, I said, "Let's have a picnic!" I spread a blanket on the deck, laid two chocolate chip oatmeal cookies on it, and plopped in one of the deck chairs.  We had a cookie picnic for breakfast.  And I am not ashamed.

And, now for the report you've all been waiting for...

Big girl had an awesome day.  No tears this morning.  No whining.  She put on the clothes I picked out for her.  And we even brushed teeth at home.  Wow.  It was the cookies.  They set the tone for the whole day.

When I picked her up, I assumed my role of interrogator, and she barely let me ask any questions she was so chatty.  Good sign.  Later I asked her, "Do you like school a little, like school a lot, or LOOOOVE school?"  She said she loves it!  She loves it...she loves it not...she loves it...she loves it not...today she loves it!

She also told me that another little girl said, and I quote, "You are going to be my very best friend."  I love it. I mean, why can't we be like that as adults?  "Will you be my friend?"  "Yes."  And then we just love each other.  No wonder God says we have to be like children to enter heaven.

So, I overslept, we had a cookie picninc, and, yes, I cut their hair.  I LOVE little bit's haircut.  It was all different layers from where it had grown out, but now it's a bit longer in the front and shorter in the back (a very cool accident, because I am not good enough to do that intentionally) and it looks completely adorable.  Pictures tomorrow, I promise!  But for now, I'm off to bed.  Because I desperately need to wake up at 6.  Pray for me!  I'm praying for you.  Night all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)