My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Random Accomplishments

Maybe I should just rename my blog "The Random Momma."  Because I am all over the place these days.   But I just have to share a few things with you that have thrilled my soul this week.

Accomplishment #1
The siding on the house is done.  Yah!!!!  Double YAH!!! 



The HOUSE is not done, but just getting all the siding hung was a huge accomplishment.  And, I actually got to drive a few nails myself.  I felt like quite the handy-woman Saturday, suited up in my baseball cap and tool belt, complete with a hammer hanging at my side.

We still have to paint the brick, hang the shutters, finish painting the door (it will be a bit darker, not quite so pink) and caulk the windows.  Then we have to move on to the very large building--the two-story garage that initially drew my husband to this house ("I can have a man cave!") and gave me pause ("What is that monstrosity in the back yard?").  I'm hoping the pink-red door will draw the eyes of our visitors to our house, not the garage that towers over it.  No remarks about my choice of color please; I've already heard them all.  And I still love it.  Why have plain and boring when you can have bright and happy?

These are the only parts for which I can take credit...


My happy red door.  Oh!  And I did offer suggestions (that probably weren't appreciated) and hand my man the tools while he hung our adorable little light fixture.  That might be my favorite part of the house.  Isn't it fabulous?  





See that two feet of siding between our back door and our window?  Isn't it lovely?  I hung that.  And, yes, I cut out around the light fixture.  "It is a small kind of accomplishment, I suppose."  (Elizabeth, Pride and Prejudice)  Small for some people, maybe, but it felt like I had been to the moon and back when I heard that piece above the light snap into place.

Yes, those are snowflakes and Valentine hearts still in our window from this winter.  Oh!  It's June now?  Ooops.



Accomplishment #2
My big girl just got a little bigger yesterday.  Watch the video and behold the beauty of a 4-year-old milestone.  I am one proud momma.  And, yes, that is me you hear shrilling in the background.  I am not one to hide my emotions.






Accomplishment #3
My man and I celebrated 9 years of wedded bliss this past week.  And, if you ask me, in this day, nine years is quite an accomplishment!  We still feel like newlyweds sometimes.  We even joked about that the other night at dinner.  But then there are other times when we feel like we have been married for-EVER!  As Beth Moore says, I have never loved anyone more than I've loved my husband; I have never hated anyone more than I've hated my husband.  Because when I feel an emotion I feel it intensely!   In spite of some crazy moments, we love each other more now that we did when we married.  As I've said before, he is the yen to my yang, figuratively speaking.  While I'm all up and down emotionally, he is almost never super excited or upset.  I'm easily over-whelmed; he rarely is.  I'm a talker; he is not.  I could go on and on, but I'll spare you.

I can remember when I was younger, I made a list of the characteristics that I wanted my husband to have.  The funny thing is that I only remember two of the items on my list:

1.  May he compliment me.  (As in balance me.  Complete me.  Not tell me how great I am.  Though that wouldn't be bad either.)
2.  May he stand tallest when he's on his knees.  (I'm not sure exactly where I was in my faith walk at that point in my life, but I knew enough about God and marriage to know that they had to go together. I'm thankful that I had the foresight to pray for a Godly man.  I thank my mom for encouraging my spiritual growth.  I have a good man in large part because of her.)

I have no idea why my man has decided to put up with me all these years.  I'm not lying when I tell you that I am hard to live with.  I am much more volatile than I appear to be.  And I'm really pretty rotten.  Remember, I am the youngest of six.  So, I'm pretty spoiled to getting my way.  And my man continues to spoil me.  Poor him.  Lucky me.

I'm so very thankful for my man.  God has blessed me so much!  He answered my prayers far beyond what I ever could have imagined.  And He's given my man the fortitude to hang with me for nine short-long years.  

Thank you, my man.  I am blessed by your long-term accomplishment.

Here's hoping for infinity, I mean eternity...and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)