My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Appendectomy

I had an appendectomy last Tuesday night. And I think the anesthesia has yet to wear off. 

This was me tonight: "Go. to. bed. Now." 

And my prayer, "Lord, please just let us [and by us I mean the girls] go to sleep quickly." 

Five mins and they were out. I think God knew I had nothing. 



And while they were drifting off, I saw this post by Glennon Doyle Melton on Facebook. I was so with her tonight....

File in the category of Be Careful What You Teach Your Kids:

Me: Amma. If you do not GET and KEEP your bottom in bed RIGHT NOW I'm cancelling your play date tomorrow.
Amma: But mom, remember. NOW is not about TOMORROW. Now is for now. Let's enjoy this moment. 
Me:(OMG FACE) See here's the thing, Amma. Mommy's only spiritual for like an hour a day. And bedtime is the opposite of that hour. GO. GO NOW AND AGAIN TOMORROW. ALL THE DAYS FOREVER- GO. TO. BED.

I've got a flipping Kindergarten Ekhart Tolle up in here.

And yes, they go to bed at 7:30. If you ever meet them, do NOT tell them that most kids don't. I've got a good thing going over here. Best luck with Whack a Mole tonight, Warriors. G


(Shared by Glennon Doyle Melton via Facebook)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)