My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Dash

1978------

That's my dash. I don't know the date that will mark the other end, but regardless of what that date may be, there is a space of time between my birth and my departure from this earth, and that is my dash.

Our MOPS mentor momma asked us yesterday, "What will you do with your dash?"

Remember all those needs I mentioned yesterday?  All of them just a speck of dust in the world's vast expanse of needs.  And we have this dash.  An expanse of time given just to us so we can make a difference in the space around us.

And, just in case I didn't listen to my mentor momma, God saw fit to reiterate the lesson last night through a friend's blog post.  In it she says this:

I have been blessed with 86,400 seconds each day - use it or lose it....  How will I use that precious gift of time in this very brief life I've been given?  

Each day's a gift.  Each second.  Why do I forget that?

As Beth Moore said one time, I don't want to get to heaven to have God show me the perfect, full, abundant life He had for me and say, "I missed THAT?!?!"

I'm off...to fill my dash.

--------------

For those of you who want a little more reading (because I know I've left some of you, like my sister, wanting with this short post--ha) here is one of the best things I've read in a long time.  Painful and wonderful, convicting and releasing, all wrapped together in one blog post by Ann Voskamp:

http://www.aholyexperience.com/2012/10/why-the-battle-for-joy-is-worth-it-crazy-joy-17/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)