My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Anxiety

So, as I type this post, I have another internet tab open with the running election results.  It is 7:15 on Tuesday night and about 15 states have turned in their final numbers.  There is a 5 vote difference in the electoral college. I have to admit my nerves are more jumpy than they have been in a very long time.  I honestly cannot remember when I last felt such anxiety over anything, let alone an election.

I started saying to myself, "God is in control; God is in control; God is in control..."

And a song that I didn't even know was stored in my memory came to mind:


"God is in Control"Twila Paris
This is no time for fearThis is the time for faith and determinationDon't lose the vision here carried away by the motionHold on to all that you hide in your heartThere is one thing that has always been trueIt holds the world together
God is in controlWe believe that His children will not be forsakenGod is in controlWe will choose to remember and never be shakenThere is no power above or beside Him, we knowOh, God is in control, oh God is in control
History marches onThere is a bottom line drawn across the agesCulture can make its plan oh, but the line never changesNo matter how the deception may flyThere is one thing that has always been trueIt will be true forever
God is in controlWe believe that His children will not be forsakenGod is in controlWe will choose to remember and never be shakenThere is no power above or beside Him, we knowOh, God is in control, oh God is in control
He has never let you downWhy start to worry now?Why start to worry now?He is still the Lord of all we seeAnd He is still the loving FatherWatching over you and me
Watching over you, watching over meWatching over every thingWatching over you, watching over meEvery little sparrow, every little thingOh, every little thing, oh
God is in controlWe believe that His children will not be forsakenGod is in controlWe will choose to remember and never be shakenThere is no power above or beside Him, we knowOh, God is in control, oh God is in control
Oh God is in controlOh God is in control

And the verse that has given me comfort all day...

"He changes times and seasons; He deposes kings and raises up others.  He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning."  (Daniel 2:21 NIV)

God's perfect plan will be carried out.  We can not alter that.  No leader is more powerful than God's will.

No matter who is our president tomorrow morning... "There is no power above or beside [God]; we know...God is in control."  

Thanks, Twila.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)