My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Monday, December 10, 2012

A Light Post in This Season of Light

Just a few warm, happy thoughts today...

My baby, ahem, I mean BIG girl is going to be in her first ever Christmas program tomorrow.  I'm smiling, laughing, and crying all at the same time!  How did she get so big so fast?  I can hardly wait to sit there and watch her and her little friends sing, "Happy Birthday, Jesus."  And, we are so extremely blessed to have some dear family and special friends who have promised to be there to watch her too.  A little sad that my own family lives too far away to be here.  And of course no one can take their place, but I can not tell you how much it means to me that friends love us enough to take time out of their day to come see our sweet girl sing for Jesus.  The wonder of the cross that draws people together into "family."

On a funny note, we were on our way to church yesterday morning and, as usual, were running late.  Ugh.  It does not matter how early I get up on Sunday morning--be it 5, 6, 7, or 8--we are always 5-10 minutes late. Why?!?!  Anyway, I stated the obvious, "We are going to be late AGAIN!"  And big girl says, "Have we ever been on time?"  My man and I laughed so hard.

Speaking of time, I sense I will not be spending much time on here for the next few weeks.  Our Christmas activities are gearing up...lots of bread-baking and breaking (meals with friends), caroling, preschool program and party, long-overdue play dates (which are hard to schedule while school is in session, so we're soaking up friend time during the break), some exciting volunteer activities, trips to see family, and...birthdays!

Yes, baby girl turns three in eleven days.  Three!  And, in less than a month, big girl turns 5!  Ack!  She will start kindergarten next year!

We are planning to do something out of the ordinary for their birthdays this year...less gift-like and more like a memory-making activity.  For example, big girl has been asking to go ice skating, or design her own bear at Build-A-Bear Workshop...baby girl always wants to ride a carousel...so, we may just visit a mall and let them both build a bear and ride a carousel...or go ice skating...or do both...one for each birthday.  I don't know!  We're still in the brainstorming/budgeting stage.  But whatever we do, it will be fun!

And, here's some more "fun" for you...


Making cookies with Granny!


She put on a "Bethlehem" show for me.


Picnic in December?  Well, yes; if it's 70, we disregard the month.


We finally had bread success!  We'll get this thing down yet!

--------------------------

Hope you're finding lots of joy in this season of expectation!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)